First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom
Jennifer Siebel Newsom is the First Partner of California, an award-winning filmmaker, and an influential thought leader on gender equality. Through her California for ALL Kids campaign, she is championing initiatives to support children’s mental and physical health, as well as provide families with the tools to build a solid learning foundation. And through her California for ALL Women campaign she’s making strides to build economic equity, equal representation, and advance a family-first agenda.
To learn more about Jennifer Siebel Newsom, click here.
For more information on the First Partner’s initiatives, click on the graphics below:
- MarketWatch: More women than men were named to California boards in 2021, as mandate prepared to grow more strict
- Sacramento Bee: More women than men were appointed to California corporate boards in 2021. Here’s why
- ABC 10: Stockton receives $3.4M in grants to renovate parks as part of Newsom’s ‘Outdoors for All’ initiative
- KTLA: Newsom announces plan to use $548M in grant funds to create 112 new parks
- KCRA 3: How to watch the 90th annual California Capitol Christmas tree lighting on Thursday
- CBS 13: Gov. Newsom Sets California State Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony For Dec. 2
- Bay Area Reporter: SF lesbian pioneers Lyon, Martin inducted into CA Hall of Fame
- KTVU: Jerry Garcia, Ruth Asawa among California Hall of Fame inductees
- Stockton Record: Stockton activist, Filipino leader Larry Itliong inducted into California Hall of Fame
- ABC 10: Musicians Jerry Garcia, Ritchie Valens and Labor activist Larry Itliong among California Hall of Fame inductees
- CBS Sacramento: Richie Valens, Jerry Garcia Among 2021 California Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Politico Playbook: Hall of Famers
- Sacramento Bee: Jerry Garcia: Hall of Famer + California’s next century + XPO settles with drivers
- Fox 40: Ruth Asawa, Ritchie Valens among latest California Hall of Fame honorees
- SF Chronicle: California Hall of Fame inducts Bay Area notables Jerry Garcia, Ruth Asawa, Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon
- Sacramento Bee: They blazed a trail for gay marriage. Now they’re in California’s Hall of Fame
- New York Magazine: “I Should Have Quit Way Before Tokyo,” September 27–October 10
- KTVU: ‘Momnibus’: Gov. Newsom signs law providing income, doulas for free for CA mothers
- ABC 7: New California law aims to reduce deaths among Black moms
- KTLA: Newsom signs ‘Momnibus’ bill that aims to reduce deaths among Black mothers
- Sacramento Bee: Gavin Newsom signs law to help new California moms, prevent infant deaths
- CBS SF Bay Area: California Offering Free Access To 19 State Parks To 4th Graders And Their Families Under New Program
- USA Today: California State Park Adventure Pass: Which parks offer free access to the state’s fourth graders?
- Lake County News: Clear Lake State Park among 19 state parks to be included in new Adventure Pass program
- The Stockton Record: California 4th-graders and their families can get into these 19 state parks for free
- Fox 40: Free passes available for California fourth graders, families to visit 19 state parks
- EdSource: Fourth graders and their families can attend 19 state parks with free pass
- KCRA 3: California families with fourth-graders can get a free pass to 19 state parks
- ABC 10: California fourth graders and their families can get a free annual pass to visit 19 state parks
- Sacramento Bee: Got an outdoors-loving fourth-grader? Here’s how to get into state parks for free this year
- KEYT: 4th graders and families can sign up for free State Park passes
- Yuba Net: Fourth Graders and Their Families Invited to Explore 19 State Parks for Free
- New York Times: California Today Newsletter
- Ms. Magazine: First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Gender Justice, Feminist Backlash and the Future of Women’s Leadership
- Forbes: Achieving A Gender Just World: Thought Leaders Provide Actionable Ways To Break Through Equality’s Biggest Barriers
- Forbes: Envisioning A Gender Just World: Global Thought Leaders Weigh In
- CNBC: California Partners Project co-founder on women’s representation on corporate boards and closing the gender pay gap
- The Press Democrat: California fourth graders to receive free annual pass to 19 state parks
- ABC 10: California fourth graders to receive free annual pass to 19 state parks
- KRON 4: California 4th graders will have free access to 19 state parks
- KBAK: Newsom makes stop at Bakersfield fitness center
- 23 ABC: Gov. Newsom discusses mental and physical health during visit to Bakersfield
- KGET 17: Newsom, in Bakersfield to talk economic and physical health, says Schwarzenegger need not be California’s only ‘fitness governor’
- Bakersfield Californian: Gov. Gavin Newsom makes stop at Bakersfield gym: ‘Renew your membership’
- Sacramento Bee: New physical fitness and mental well-being council targets Californians’ health
- La Opinión: Debemos abrir las puertas de oportunidad para todas las familias
- Bay Area Reporter: CA summer reading program to kick off with LGBTQ children’s book
- EdSource: First Partner Jennifer Newsom launches statewide summer book club with local libraries
- Inside California Education: Social Emotional Learning
- Forbes: Twitter, Mattel And Adobe Sign Equal Pay Pledge
- Spectrum News: On Equal Pay Day, California’s First Partner Shares Commitment to Closing Pay Gap
- Comstock’s Magazine: Economic Recovery Must Focus on Women
- Today: Teens Are Struggling with Pressures of the Pandemic, New Study Says
- USA Today: Teens Glued to Screens in COVID Pandemic Need Sleep and Reality Checks, Experts Say
- Fortune: California’s Board Diversity Law Led to 670 Board Seats Filled by Women, Report Finds
- Common Sense Media: Tweens, Teens, Tech, and Mental Health
- Glamour: ‘Make A Plan and Don’t Get Discouraged’ Megan Rapinoe and Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Staying Sane in 2020
- TIME: Why the Pay Gap for Working Moms Is a Race Issue Too
- Glamour: How a Middle School Teacher in Rural California Is Making It Work in Quarantine
- Glamour: How Rep. Katie Porter—Congress’s Only Single Mom—Is Making It Work in Quarantine
- CNN: Our Economic Recovery Depends On Policies That Benefit Women
- Comstock’s Magazine: Mending The Gap
- Glamour: It’s Time to Stop Treating Parenting as a Mom’s Burden and a Dad’s Adorable Hobby
- TIME: Wives of Political Leaders Have Long Been Called ‘First Ladies.’ California’s Jennifer Siebel Newsom Has Other Plans
- Associated Press: ‘No timidity’ for California governor’s wife on key causes
- Los Angeles Times: Jennifer Siebel Newsom will be California’s ‘first partner.’ Her agenda is cultural change
- San Francisco Chronicle: Jennifer Siebel Newsom encourages California businesses to boost women’s pay
CALIFORNIA FIRST PARTNER JENNIFER SIEBEL NEWSOM AND CDFA SECRETARY KAREN ROSS HEADLINE STATE FARM TO SCHOOL CONFERENCE
Conference program underscores strategies to expand food access, increase equity, lift student voices, and open school markets to specialty crop producers First Partner and Secretary Ross lead a newly formed working group focused on expanding farm to school...
Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Making California First in the Nation to Ban Toxic Chemicals in Cosmetics
AB 2762 bans 24 toxic chemicals in cosmetics, which are linked to negative long-term health impacts especially for women and children SB 312 requires companies selling beauty or personal care products to report the presence of hazardous ingredients Congress hasn’t...
Millions more Californians will now have access to job-protected Paid Family Leave Bill builds on 2019 extension of Paid Family Leave Benefits to eight weeks for a newborn child SACRAMENTO -- Governor Gavin Newsom today signed legislation ensuring millions more...
California Labor Commissioner, California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls and The Office of the First Partner Launch Workplace Rights Ambassador Project #EqualPayCA Trainings
Release Number: 2020-74August 31, 2020 California Labor Commissioner, California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls and The Office of the First Partner Launch Workplace Rights Ambassador Project #EqualPayCA TrainingsThe first event will be held in...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom Partners with Forward Into Light Campaign to Celebrate Suffrage Centennial: California State Capitol and City Halls Across the State to be Lit in Purple and Gold in Honor of the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and California Legislative Women’s Caucus leadership to light up State Capitol, host virtual celebration at 6 p.m. on August 26th in honor of 19th Amendment centennial Anaheim, Bakersfield, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland,...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom to Host Exhibit Launch & 19th Amendment Centennial Celebration Webcast Tomorrow at the California Museum
Free event to feature the First Partner in discussion with Maria Shriver, Megan Rapinoe & Dolores Huerta, plus preview of new exhibits “Women Inspire: California Women Changing Our World” & “Fight for the Right: 100 Years of Women Voting” SACRAMENTO – The...
California Puts Money Back Into the Pockets of Millions of Working Californians Amid COVID-19 Recession
Over $1 billion goes back into the pockets of more than 3.6 million Californians and their families, through the California Earned Income Tax Credit and Young Child Tax Credit Nearly half a million families with children under the age of six benefit from the new Young...
State Superintendent Tony Thurmond, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and State Board President Linda Darling-Hammond Launch “Advance SEL in California,” a Social and Emotional Learning Campaign
Release: #20-37May 21, 2020Contact: Cynthia ButlerE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 916-319-0818 State Superintendent Tony Thurmond, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and State Board President Linda Darling-Hammond Launch "Advance SEL in...
For Immediate ReleaseJune 12, 2020Contact: Cristina Valdivia Aguilar, email@example.com, (916) 508-9018 California Volunteers Announces “Summer of Service” for Young Californians SACRAMENTO – First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and Chief Service...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and California State Library Launch Five-Week Summer Reading Challenge
SACRAMENTO -- First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom today launched a five-week summer reading challenge designed to keep California’s families learning and engaged by “checking out” their community libraries. Families are encouraged to sign up for their local...