First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom
The Office of the First Partner is dedicated to lifting up women and their families, breaking down barriers for our youth, and furthering the cause of gender equity in California.
A thought leader at the forefront of changing our society’s limiting gender stereotypes and norms, Jennifer Siebel Newsom wrote, directed, and produced the award-winning, evergreen documentaries “Miss Representation,” “The Mask You Live In,” and “The Great American Lie.” In 2020 she founded the California Partners Project, which champions gender equity across the state and ensures the state’s media and technology industries are a force for good in the lives of all children. She also founded The Representation Project, a nonprofit that uses film and media to catalyze cultural transformation. Jennifer’s films have been seen by over 28 million people worldwide, and The Representation Project’s social action hashtag campaigns have reached more than 830 million people.
For more information on the First Partner’s initiatives, click on the graphics below:
- KBAK: Newsom makes stop at Bakersfield fitness center
- 23 ABC: Gov. Newsom discusses mental and physical health during visit to Bakersfield
- KGET 17: Newsom, in Bakersfield to talk economic and physical health, says Schwarzenegger need not be California’s only ‘fitness governor’
- Bakersfield Californian: Gov. Gavin Newsom makes stop at Bakersfield gym: ‘Renew your membership’
- Sacramento Bee: New physical fitness and mental well-being council targets Californians’ health
- La Opinión: Debemos abrir las puertas de oportunidad para todas las familias
- Bay Area Reporter: CA summer reading program to kick off with LGBTQ children’s book
- EdSource: First Partner Jennifer Newsom launches statewide summer book club with local libraries
- Inside California Education: Social Emotional Learning
- Forbes: Twitter, Mattel And Adobe Sign Equal Pay Pledge
- Spectrum News: On Equal Pay Day, California’s First Partner Shares Commitment to Closing Pay Gap
- Comstock’s Magazine: Economic Recovery Must on Women
- Today: Teens Are Struggling with Pressures of the Pandemic, New Study Says
- USA Today: Teens Glued to Screens in COVID Pandemic Need Sleep and Reality Checks, Experts Say
- Fortune: California’s Board Diversity Law Led to 670 Board Seats Filled by Women, Report Finds
- Common Sense Media: Tweens, Teens, Tech, and Mental Health
- Glamour: ‘Make A Plan and Don’t Get Discouraged’ Megan Rapinoe and Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Staying Sane in 2020
- TIME: Why the Pay Gap for Working Moms Is a Race Issue Too
- Glamour: How a Middle School Teacher in Rural California Is Making It Work in Quarantine
- Glamour: How Rep. Katie Porter—Congress’s Only Single Mom—Is Making It Work in Quarantine
- CNN: Our Economic Recovery Depends On Policies That Benefit Women
- Comstock’s Magazine: Mending The Gap
- Glamour: It’s Time to Stop Treating Parenting as a Mom’s Burden and a Dad’s Adorable Hobby
- TIME: Wives of Political Leaders Have Long Been Called ‘First Ladies.’ California’s Jennifer Siebel Newsom Has Other Plans
- Associated Press: ‘No timidity’ for California governor’s wife on key causes
- Los Angeles Times: Jennifer Siebel Newsom will be California’s ‘first partner.’ Her agenda is cultural change
- San Francisco Chronicle: Jennifer Siebel Newsom encourages California businesses to boost women’s pay
California Puts Money Back Into the Pockets of Millions of Working Californians Amid COVID-19 Recession
Over $1 billion goes back into the pockets of more than 3.6 million Californians and their families, through the California Earned Income Tax Credit and Young Child Tax Credit Nearly half a million families with children under the age of six benefit from the new Young...
State Superintendent Tony Thurmond, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and State Board President Linda Darling-Hammond Launch “Advance SEL in California,” a Social and Emotional Learning Campaign
Release: #20-37May 21, 2020Contact: Cynthia ButlerE-mail: email@example.comPhone: 916-319-0818 State Superintendent Tony Thurmond, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and State Board President Linda Darling-Hammond Launch "Advance SEL in...
For Immediate ReleaseJune 12, 2020Contact: Cristina Valdivia Aguilar, firstname.lastname@example.org, (916) 508-9018 California Volunteers Announces “Summer of Service” for Young Californians SACRAMENTO – First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and Chief Service...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and California State Library Launch Five-Week Summer Reading Challenge
SACRAMENTO -- First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom today launched a five-week summer reading challenge designed to keep California’s families learning and engaged by “checking out” their community libraries. Families are encouraged to sign up for their local...
Governor Newsom and First Partner Siebel Newsom Announce New and Expanded Support for Victims of Domestic Violence
State expanding capacity for Californians to text 911 for emergency services – a critical tool for domestic violence victims. 75% of California now covered New public and private funding for organizations addressing domestic violence and the role of women in...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom to Host Facebook Live Reading April 30th to Celebrate Día de Los Libros
Virtual story time in English, Spanish celebrates literacy and young children on Día de los Libros SACRAMENTO: California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom will host an interactive virtual story time via Facebook Live on April 30th from 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., on...
Governor Newsom Announces Cross-Sector Partnerships to Support Distance Learning and Bridge the Digital Divide
Governor announces commitments from companies, business leaders, and philanthropists to provide Internet access for hundreds of thousands of households and laptops, Chromebooks, and tablets for over 70,000 students The California Public Utilities Commission will make...
SACRAMENTO – On behalf of all Californians, Governor Gavin Newsom and First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom honor Army Specialist Juan Miguel Mendez Covarrubias, who bravely gave his life in service to our state and nation. The Governor and First Partner extend their...
SACRAMENTO – On behalf of all Californians, Governor Gavin Newsom and First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom honor Marine Gunnery Sgt. Diego D. Pongo, who bravely gave his life in service to our state and nation. The Governor and First Partner extend their deepest...
First Partner Leads California Volunteers Commission, Governor Newsom Announces Additional Appointments
SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today announced that First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom will serve as Honorary Chair of the California Volunteers Commission. The California Volunteers Commission supports California Volunteers, which is tasked with uniting...