Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 23 by Assemblymember Cameron Smyth (R-Santa Clarita) – Local agency meetings: simultaneous meetings: compensation disclosure.
• AB 82 by Assemblymember Kevin Jeffries (R-Riverside) – Vehicles: firefighting equipment.
• AB 130 by Assemblymember Gil Cedillo (D-Los Angeles) – Student financial aid: eligibility: California Dream Act of 2011. Video of today's signing can be found here.
• AB 159 by Assemblymember Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Community care facilities: foster family agencies.
• AB 169 by Assemblymember Norma Torres (D-Pomona) – Education finance.
• AB 182 by Assemblymember Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles) – Political Reform Act of 1974: statements of economic interests.
• AB 222 by Committee on Agriculture – Food and Agriculture: omnibus bill.
• AB 280 by Assemblymember Jim Silva (R-Huntington Beach) – Horse racing: California-bred horses and parimutuel tickets.
• AB 417 by Assemblymember Bill Berryhill (R-Stockton) – Structural pest control.
• AB 426 by Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) – Transit fare evasion.
• AB 454 by Assemblymember Jim Silva (R-Huntington Beach) – Protective orders: early termination.
• AB 458 by Assemblymember Toni Atkins (D-San Diego) – Guardianship.
• AB 611 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Private postsecondary education: unaccredited doctoral degree program.
• AB 612 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Parks and recreation: districts: repayment of indebtedness.
• AB 713 by Assemblymember Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Military service: legal benefits.
• AB 741 by Assemblymember Jared Huffman (D-San Rafael) – Onsite wastewater disposal.
• AB 782 by Assemblymember Julia Brownley (D-Santa Monica) – Public employee benefits: audits.
• AB 807 by Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana) – Vehicles: taxicab transportation services: periodic reports.
• AB 912 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Local government: organization.
• AB 943 by Assemblymember Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara) – Public contracts: California Uniform Construction Cost Accounting Commission: local contracts: alternative procedures.
• AB 966 by Assemblymember Mariko Yamada (D-Davis) – Public cemetery districts: nonresident burial.
• AB 1029 by Assemblymember Ricardo Lara (D-South Gate) – Community colleges: course approval.
• AB 1082 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) – Powers of attorney: statutory form power of attorney.
• AB 1105 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – High-occupancy toll lanes: roadway markings.
• AB 1127 by Assemblymember Julia Brownley (D-Santa Monica) – Physicians and surgeons: unprofessional conduct.
• AB 1269 by Assemblymember Anthony Portantino (D-Pasadena) – Classified school employees: layoff: reemployment.
• AB 1305 by Assemblymember Alyson Huber (D-El Dorado Hills) – Decedents' estates: smaller estates.
• AB 1412 by Committee on Elections and Redistricting – Vote by mail.
• SB 91 by Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Adult day health care centers.
• SB 154 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Marriage licenses: vital records: fees: domestic violence: Solano County.
• SB 209 by Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Common interest developments: electric vehicle charging stations. A signing messasge can be found here.
• SB 235 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) – Water conservation districts: reduction in number of directors.
• SB 614 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) – Childhood immunization.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 96 by Committee on Budget – Keeping Adults Free from Institutions program. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 455 by Assemblymember Nora Campos (D-San Jose) – Public employment: local public employee organizations. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.