Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
- AB 494 by Assemblymember Dan Logue (R-Chico) - Alcoholic beverages: possession: Sacramento River.
- AB 1014 by Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher (R-San Diego) - Food facilities: definition.
- SB 38 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) - Radiation control: health facilities and clinics: records.
- SB 39 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) - Alcoholic beverages: caffeinated beer beverages.
- SB 62 by Senator Carol Liu (D-Pasadena) - Local government: Los Angeles County: notice of recordation.
- SB 79 by Committee on Budget - State funds: State Agency Investment Fund.
- SB 93 by Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review - Health and human services.
- SB 112 by Senator Carol Liu (D-Pasadena) - State mandates: claiming instructions.
- SB 133 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) - Natural resources: Cache Creek Resource Management Plan.
- SB 238 by Senator Kevin De León (D-Los Angeles) - Athlete agents.
- SB 272 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) - Leave of absence: organ donation.
- SB 274 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) - Healing arts.
- SB 285 by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana) - Massage therapy instruction: fraud: criminal prosecutions.
- SB 290 by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana) - Neighborhood electric vehicles.
- SB 422 by Senator Roderick Wright (D-Los Angeles) - Reporting of certain communicable diseases.
- SB 593 by Senator Ted Gaines (R-Fair Oaks) - Political Reform Act of 1974: Tahoe Regional Planning Agency: members: statement of economic interests.
- SB 687 by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) - Criminal procedure: informants.
- SB 720 by Senator Sharon Runner (R-Antelope Valley) - Vehicles: drivers' licenses: military personnel and their spouses.
- SB 723 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) - Restraining orders.
- SB 732 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) - Horse racing: northern zone: vanning of starters.
- SB 741 by Senator Bob Dutton (R-Inland Empire) - Alternative Protest Pilot Project.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
- SB 168 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) - Petitions: compensation for signatures. A veto message can be found here.
- SB 582 by Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) - Commute benefit policies. A veto message can be found here.
- SB 627 by Senator Mimi Walters (R-Laguna Niguel) - Vehicles: driving schools and traffic violator schools: licensees. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.