Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 89 by Assemblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) – County employees' retirement.
• AB 136 by Assemblymember Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Telecommunications: universal service: speech disabilities.
• AB 156 by Assemblymember Ricardo Lara (D-South Gate) – Gambling control.
• AB 215 by Assemblymember Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Emergency services: Emergency Medical Air Transportation Act.
• AB 270 by Assemblymember Henry Perea (D-Fresno) – Satellite wagering.
• AB 396 by Assemblymember Holly J. Mitchell (D-Los Angeles) – Medi-Cal: juvenile inmates.
• AB 431 by Assemblymember Fiona Ma (D-San Francisco) Retired public accountants.
• AB 507 by Assemblymember Mary Hayashi (D-Hayward) – Controlled substances: pain management.
• AB 634 by Assemblymember Alyson Huber (D-El Dorado Hills) – Vertebrate pest control: carbon monoxide.
• AB 678 by Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Medi-Cal: supplemental provider reimbursement.
• AB 768 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) – Male circumcision.
• AB 930 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – The California Building Standards Commission.
• AB 946 by Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) – Public contracts: Los Angeles County: regional interoperable communications system.
• AB 1024 by Assemblymember Ben Hueso (D-Chula Vista) – Insurance: low-cost automobile insurance: sales.
• AB 1053 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Local government: penalties and fees.
• AB 1059 by Assemblymember Jared Huffman (D-San Rafael) – Emergency medical care.
• AB 1097 by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Transit projects: domestic content.
• AB 1164 by Assemblymember Richard Gordon (D-Redwood City) – Federal transportation funds.
• AB 1222 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) – California Housing Finance Agency.
• AB 1350 by Assemblymember Ricardo Lara (D-South Gate) – Property taxation: override rates: validation by auditor.
• AB 1403 by Committee on Judiciary – Civil actions.
• AB 1407 by Committee on Judiciary – Liability: social hosts: alcoholic beverages.
• AB 1416 by Committee on Insurance – Insurance omnibus.
• AB 1418 by Assemblymember Isadore Hall (D-Los Angeles) – Tribal gaming: compact ratification.
• AB 1420 by Committee on Governmental – Organization Emergency Management Assistance Compact.
• AB 1425 by Committee on Insurance – Insurance.
• SB 20 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) – Food facilities: menu labeling.
• SB 36 by Senator Joseph Simitian (D-Palo Alto) – County Health Initiative Matching Fund.
• SB 163 by Senator Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa) – Attorneys: board of trustees: annual membership fee.
• SB 360 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Controlled Substance Utilization Review and Evaluation System.
• SB 384 by Senator Noreen Evans (D-Santa Rosa) – Civil actions.
• SB 420 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Los Angeles) – Synthetic cannabinoid compounds.
• SB 550 by Senator Alex Padilla (D-Pacoima) – Business: manufactured optical discs.
• SB 551 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – State property: tidelands transfer: City of Pittsburg.
• SB 599 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) – Life insurance: retained-asset account.
• SB 602 by Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) – Reader Privacy Act.
• SB 621 by Senator Ronald Calderon (D-Montebello) – Insurance: life: disability: discretionary clauses.
• SB 712 by Committee on Insurance – Insurance.
• SB 739 by Senator Alan Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) – Ports: congestion relief: air pollution mitigation.
• SB 860 by Committee on Natural Resources and Water – Tidelands and submerged lands: public trust lands: mineral rights.
• SB 869 by Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) – Automotive repair dealers: airbags.
• SB 922 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Public contracts: public entities: project labor agreements. A signing message can be found here.
• SB 944 by Committee on Business, Professions and Economic Development – Business and professions.
• SB 945 by Committee on Health – Medi-Cal: electronic records.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 129 by Assemblymember Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Local government: fines and penalties: assessments. A veto messgae can be found here.
• AB 952 by Assemblymember Brian Jones (R-La Mesa) – High-speed rail. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 1147 by Assemblymember Mariko Yamada (D- Davis) – Dependent children: status reports. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 834 by Senator Lois Wolk (D -Davis) – Integrated regional water management plans: contents. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.