Governor Releases Additional Details on Climate Conference
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today released additional details on panel participants and the issues that will be covered at the Governor’s Conference on Extreme Climate Risks and California’s Future.
The conference will be held this Thursday, December 15, 2011 at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Due to space limitations, attendance is by invitation only. The entire conference will also be webcast live on Governor Brown’s website at www.gov.ca.gov and conference viewers can submit questions to conference speakers through this site.
Event registration will open at 8:30 a.m. and the conference will begin at 9:30 a.m. See below for additional media information.
The Governor’s Conference on Extreme Climate Risks and California’s Future
Participants (partial list):
• California Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.
• Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
• Sir Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group
• Nancy Sutley, Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality
• Other participants include public safety, insurance industry, public health and climate change experts, emergency response officials, public utility experts and farmers.
• California and the Global Climate Challenge
• Climate Change’s Human and Economic Impacts on California
• A National Perspective on Climate Action
• Climate Solutions to Protect California Communities and Help our Economy
Media interested in attending the conference should RSVP to Richard.Stapler@resources.ca.gov or call 916-653-9402. All press attendees must have current, valid media credentials.
Parking and additional information for the media will be made available prior to Thursday with the full event agenda.
For additional information on the event and participants, please visit http://www.gov.ca.gov/ecrcf.php.
# # #