Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills.
• AB 336 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) – Crimes: prostitution: evidence.
• AB 809 by Assemblymember Dan Logue (R-Marysville) – Healing arts: telehealth.
• AB 968 by Assemblymember Richard S. Gordon (D-Menlo Park) – Common interest developments: common areas: maintenance and repairs.
• AB 1147 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Massage therapy.
• AB 1395 by Assemblymember Henry T. Perea (D-Fresno) – Insurance: special assessments: Seismic Safety Account.
• AB 1581 by Assemblymember Joan Buchanan (D-Alamo) – School facilities: construction contracts.
• AB 1595 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Arcata) – State Council on Developmental Disabilities.
• AB 1702 by Assemblymember Brian Maienschein (R-San Diego) – Professions and vocations: incarceration.
• AB 1738 by Assemblymember Ed Chau (D-Arcadia) – Common interest developments: dispute resolution.
• AB 1755 by Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez (D-Los Angeles) – Medical information.
• AB 1915 by Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) – Pupil instruction: social sciences: Armenian Genocide.
• AB 1945 by Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – Enforcement of money judgments: exemptions.
• AB 1979 by Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) – School facilities: California School Finance Authority: definitions.
• AB 1981 by Assemblymember Cheryl Brown (D-San Bernadino) – Rental vehicles: contracts: damage waivers.
• AB 1993 by Assemblymember Steve Fox (D-Palmdale) – Pupils: bullying.
• AB 2064 by Assemblymember Ken Cooley (D-Rancho Cordova) – Earthquake insurance: mandatory offer.
• AB 2102 by Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco) – Licensees: data collection.
• AB 2104 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Common interest developments: water-efficient landscapes.
• AB 2214 by Assemblymember Steve Fox (D-Palmdale) – Emergency room physicians and surgeons: continuing medical education: geriatric care.
• AB 2220 by Assemblymember Tom F. Daly (D-Anaheim) – Private security services: private patrol operators.
• AB 2370 by Assemblymember Ed Chau (D-Arcadia) – Court interpreters.
• AB 2494 by Assemblymember Ken Cooley (D-Rancho Cordova) – Courts: frivolous actions or proceedings.
• AB 2667 by Assemblymember Richard H. Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Rental-purchase agreements: electronic devices: monitoring technology.
• AB 2735 by the Committee on Insurance – Earthquake insurance.
• AB 2740 by Assemblymember Susan Bonilla (D-Concord) – Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair, Home Furnishings, and Thermal Insulation.
• AB 2746 by the Committee on Judiciary – Attorneys: annual membership fees.
• AB 2763 by the Committee on Accountability and Administrative Review – State government operations.
• AB 2765 by the Committee on Governmental Organization – Horse racing: marketing organizations.
• SB 577 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Autism and other developmental disabilities: employment.
• SB 846 by Senator Cathleen Galgiani (D-Stockton) – Crimes: Violent Crime Information Center.
• SB 941 by Senator William Monning (D-Carmel) – Vessel operator cards.
• SB 992 by Senator Jim W. Nielsen (R-Gerber) – Common interest developments: property use and maintenance.
• SB 1012 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) – Healing arts: licensure requirements.
• SB 1054 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Mentally ill offender crime reduction grants.
• SB 1066 by Senator Cathleen Galgiani (D-Stockton) – Missing or unidentified persons.
• SB 1083 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Physician assistants: disability certifications.
• SB 1093 by Senator Carol Liu (D-La Canada Flintridge) – Developmental services: regional centers: culturally and linguistically competent services.
• SB 1116 by Senator Norma J. Torres (D-Pomona) – Physicians and surgeons.
• SB 1127 by Senator Norma J. Torres (D-Pomona) – Emergency services: individuals with developmental disabilities and cognitive impairments.
• SB 1380 by Senator Mark Wyland (R-Escondido) – Pupil instruction: social science: genocide.
• SB 1465 by the Committee on Health – Health.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills.
• AB 2005 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Arcata) – California Horse Racing Board: membership and per diem. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2029 by Assemblymember Ken Cooley (D-Rancho Cordova) – Inquests: sudden unexplained death in childhood. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2198 by Assemblymember Marc B. Levine (D-Rafael) – Mental health professionals: suicide prevention training. A veto message can be found here.
• AB 2592 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Arcata) – California Horse Racing Board: fair horse racing calendar: economic analysis. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1057 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-Hayward) – Pupil curriculum: history-social science content standards. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 1455 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Public libraries: facilities: comprehensive needs assessment. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov