Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
• ABX2-7 by Assemblymember Mark Stone (D-Scotts Valley) – Smoking in the workplace.
• ABX2-9 by Assemblymember Tony Thurmond (D-Richmond) – Tobacco use programs.
• ABX2-11 by Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) – Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.
• SBX2-5 by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) – Electronic cigarettes.
• SBX2-7 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Azusa) – Tobacco products: minimum legal age.
Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• ABX2-10 by Assemblymember Richard H. Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Local taxes: authorization: cigarettes and tobacco products. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov