SACRAMENTO — In commemoration of the enactment of the 2019 California state budget, Governor Gavin Newsom, Senate President Pro Tempore Toni Atkins and Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon will gather to highlight the unprecedented support the budget provides to help families confront California’s cost of living crisis.
The 2019 Budget Act supports historic actions to help families tackle affordability challenges in health care, housing, child care and education, including higher education and early childhood education, by funding:
- 2 years free community college
- No tuition hikes for UC and CSU
- $1.75 billion for housing production and new, strong incentives to spur more housing
- $120 a month to help middle class families to buy health insurance
- A $1,000 tax credit for working families by doubling the current state Earned Income Tax Credit
- One additional month of paid family leave
- Historic investments in schools, child care, preschool and full-day kindergarten
Who: Governor Gavin Newsom, Senate President pro Tempore Toni Atkins and Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon
When: Monday, July 1, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. NOTE: Press should arrive by 11:15 a.m. at the latest.
Where: Sacramento City College, 3835 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822. Parking is available in the North Lot and West Lot. The event will take place in the quad in front of the Student Center. A map of the campus can be found here.
**NOTE: This event is open to credentialed media only.