SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today announced that he has signed the following bills:
- AB 63 by Assemblymember Cottie Petrie-Norris (D-Laguna Beach) – Marine resources: Marine Managed Areas Improvement Act: restoration and monitoring activities.
- AB 72 by Assemblymember Cottie Petrie-Norris (D-Laguna Beach) – Environmental protection: coastal adaptation projects: natural infrastructure: regulatory review and permitting: report.
- AB 223 by Assemblymember Christopher Ward (D-San Diego) – Wildlife: dudleya: taking and possession.
- AB 425 by Assemblymember Devon Mathis (R-Visalia) – Milk and other dairy products: Dairy Council of California Law: producer-handlers.
- AB 471 by Assemblymember Evan Low (D-Campbell) – Bureau of Automotive Repair: administration: citations: safety inspections.
- AB 484 by Assemblymember Jose Medina (D-Riverside) – Alarm company operators: advertisements.
- AB 623 by the Committee on Agriculture – State-designated fairs: district agricultural associations: farmers’ markets: California Apple Commission.
- AB 642 by Assemblymember Laura Friedman (D-Glendale) – Wildfires.
- AB 830 by Assemblymember Heath Flora (R-Ripon) – Business: Department of Consumer Affairs: licensed professions and vocations.
- AB 844 by Assemblymember Tim Grayson (D-Concord) – Green Empowerment Zone for the Northern Waterfront area of the County of Contra Costa.
- AB 888 by Assemblymember Marc Levine (D-Marin County) – Mobile slaughter operations: livestock.
- AB 1048 by Assemblymember Jim Cooper (D-Elk Grove) – Alameda Health System Hospital Authority: labor negotiations.
- AB 1183 by Assemblymember James C. Ramos (D-Highland) – California Desert Conservation Program.
- AB 1362 by Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Secretary of Food and Agriculture: cooperative agreements: agricultural inspector services.
- SB 63 by Senator Henry Stern (D-Los Angeles) – Fire prevention: vegetation management: public education: grants: defensible space: fire hazard severity zones.
- SB 248 by Senator Patricia Bates (R-Laguna Niguel) – Sexually violent predators: open court proceedings.
- SB 311 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) – Compassionate Access to Medical Cannabis Act or Ryan’s Law.
- SB 319 by Senator Melissa Melendez (R-Lake Elsinore) – Land use: development fees: audit.
- SB 453 by Senator Melissa Hurtado (D-Sanger) – California State University Agricultural Research Institute grant program: Agricultural Biosecurity Fund.
- SB 456 by Senator John Laird (D-Santa Cruz) – Fire prevention: wildfire and forest resilience: action plan: reports.
- SB 564 by Senator Dave Cortese (D-San Jose) – Hospitals: seismic compliance: O’Connor Hospital and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center.
- SB 578 by Senator Brian W. Jones (R-Santee) – Lanterman-Petris-Short Act: hearings.
- SB 607 by Senator Dave Min (D-Irvine) – Business and professions.
- SB 655 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Insurers: diversity.
- SB 780 by Senator Dave Cortese (D-San Jose) – Local finance: public investment authorities.
- SB 815 by the Committee on Agriculture – Meat processing establishment, custom livestock slaughterhouse, and poultry plants: licensing and inspectors.
- SB 820 by the Committee on Governmental Organization – Horse racing: state-designated fairs: allocation of revenues: gross receipts for sales and use tax.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
- AB 123 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Paid family leave: weekly benefit amount. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 1074 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Employment: displaced workers. A veto message can be found here.
- SB 788 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Workers’ compensation: risk factors. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov