LOS ANGELES – Governor Gavin Newsom will travel to Los Angeles this week to attend the Summit of the Americas. While there, the Governor will meet with world leaders and Biden Administration officials to talk about the greatest challenges California, and nations across the region, are facing.
California is hosting the ninth Summit of the Americas, a series of forums between leaders on issues of critical importance to the Western Hemisphere. California is ranked as the most diverse state in the nation, with more than half of its immigrant population hailing from nations of the Americas.
Note: All events remain subject to change and updates.
Wednesday, June 8:
- Governor Newsom Greets President Biden at Los Angeles International Airport
- WHAT: The Governor will greet President Joe Biden as he arrives in Los Angeles for the Summit of the Americas.
- NOTE: Press interested in covering arrival must contact the White House by 1:00 p.m. TODAY for credentials.
- Governor Newsom Attends Global Methane Hub Reception
- WHAT: The Governor will discuss world-leading efforts to reduce global methane emissions with U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry and officials from Latin America and Canada.
- WHEN: Wednesday, June 8 at 2:00 p.m.
- NOTE: Reporters must already be credentialed by the Summit of the Americas in order to attend this reception. All reporters must RSVP to: email@example.com to attend this event.
- Governor Newsom Makes Remarks at IX Summit of the Americas Inaugural Ceremony
- WHAT: The Governor will make brief remarks at the IX Summit of the Americas Inaugural Ceremony, hosted by President Joe Biden and the First Lady of the United States.
- WHEN: Wednesday, June 8 at 5:00 p.m.
- NOTE: Press interested in covering this event must already be credentialed by the Summit of the Americas.
Thursday, June 9:
- Governor Newsom and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Establish New Agreement on Climate
- WHAT: The Governor will meet with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to establish an agreement between California and Canada on climate change.
- WHEN: Thursday, June 9 at approximately 10:00 a.m.
- NOTE: Press interested in attending must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 8.