Watch a video from Governor Newsom on today’s decision here.
California’s forward-thinking climate policies have seen the state exceed its 2020 climate target four years ahead of schedule while growing our economy, and spurred partnerships across the U.S. and around the world. Under Governor Newsom’s leadership, California is taking bold action to further advance California’s progress toward an oil-free future and bolster the state’s clean energy economy.
- $53.9 billion California Climate Commitment
- Booming ZEV market that leads the nation in every category
- Driving toward 100% ZEV sales by 2035
- Preventing harmful oil production in communities and moving to phase out oil drilling and fracking
- International climate partnerships with Canada, Japan, China and New Zealand
- Innovative nature-based solutions to tackle climate change, protect biodiversity and expand access to nature