SACRAMENTO – Governor Gavin Newsom today announced that he has signed the following bills:
- AB 342 by Assemblymember Avelino Valencia (D-Anaheim) – Architects and real estate appraisers: applicants and licensees: demographic information.
- AB 400 by Assemblymember Blanca Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – Local agency design-build projects: authorization.
- AB 592 by Assemblymember Lori Wilson (D-Fairfield) – Vehicles: commercial nonfranchise solid waste haulers: pilot program.
- AB 648 by Assemblymember Avelino Valencia (D-Anaheim) – Common interest developments: procedures: meetings by teleconference.
- AB 1140 by the Committee on Insurance – Insurance.
- AB 1395 by Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (D-Coachella) – Licensed Physicians and Dentists from Mexico Pilot Program: requirements.
- AB 1560 by Assemblymember Heath Flora (R-Modesto) – Crematories: change in ownership.
- AB 1716 by the Committee on Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials – Hazardous wastes and materials: certified unified program agencies.
- AB 1763 by the Committee on Agriculture – Food and agriculture: industry-funded standardization program: Cannella Environmental Farming Act of 1995: Noxious Weed Management Account.
- AB 1765 by the Committee on Revenue and Taxation – Income tax administration: installment agreements, suspension, forfeiture, and revivor.
- SB 95 by Senator Richard D. Roth (D-Riverside) – Commercial transactions.
- SB 151 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – State employment: State Bargaining Unit 6 agreement.
- SB 247 by Senator Scott Wilk (R-Santa Clarita) – Alcoholic beverages: licensing exemptions: barbering and cosmetology services.
- SB 343 by Senator Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Child support.
- SB 388 by Senator Bob Archuleta (D-Pico Rivera) – Alcoholic Beverage Tax: beer manufacturer returns and schedules.
- SB 432 by Senator Dave Cortese (D-San Jose) – Teachers’ retirement.
- SB 544 by Senator John Laird (D-Santa Cruz) – Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act: teleconferencing.
- SB 743 by Senator Janet Nguyen (R-Huntington Beach) – Insurance: false and fraudulent claims.
- SB 852 by Senator Susan Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – Searches: supervised persons.
- SB 891 by the Committee on Transportation – Transportation: omnibus bill.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
- AB 316 by Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-Winters) – Vehicles: autonomous vehicles. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 957 by Assemblymember Lori Wilson (D-Fairfield) – Family law: gender identity. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 1306 by Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – State government: immigration enforcement. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.