First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom
The Office of the First Partner is dedicated to lifting up women and their families, breaking down barriers for our youth, and furthering the cause of gender equity in California.
A thought leader at the forefront of changing our society’s limiting gender stereotypes and norms, Jennifer Siebel Newsom wrote, directed, and produced the award-winning, evergreen documentaries “Miss Representation,” “The Mask You Live In,” and “The Great American Lie.” In 2020 she founded the California Partners Project, which champions gender equity across the state and ensures the state’s media and technology industries are a force for good in the lives of all children. She also founded The Representation Project, a nonprofit that uses film and media to catalyze cultural transformation. Jennifer’s films have been seen by over 28 million people worldwide, and The Representation Project’s social action hashtag campaigns have reached more than 830 million people.
For more information on the First Partner’s initiatives, click on the graphics below:
- La Opinión: Debemos abrir las puertas de oportunidad para todas las familias
- Bay Area Reporter: CA summer reading program to kick off with LGBTQ children’s book
- EdSource: First Partner Jennifer Newsom launches statewide summer book club with local libraries
- Inside California Education: Social Emotional Learning
- Forbes: Twitter, Mattel And Adobe Sign Equal Pay Pledge
- Spectrum News: On Equal Pay Day, California’s First Partner Shares Commitment to Closing Pay Gap
- Comstock’s Magazine: Economic Recovery Must on Women
- Today: Teens Are Struggling with Pressures of the Pandemic, New Study Says
- USA Today: Teens Glued to Screens in COVID Pandemic Need Sleep and Reality Checks, Experts Say
- Fortune: California’s Board Diversity Law Led to 670 Board Seats Filled by Women, Report Finds
- Common Sense Media: Tweens, Teens, Tech, and Mental Health
- Glamour: ‘Make A Plan and Don’t Get Discouraged’ Megan Rapinoe and Jennifer Siebel Newsom on Staying Sane in 2020
- TIME: Why the Pay Gap for Working Moms Is a Race Issue Too
- Glamour: How a Middle School Teacher in Rural California Is Making It Work in Quarantine
- Glamour: How Rep. Katie Porter—Congress’s Only Single Mom—Is Making It Work in Quarantine
- CNN: Our Economic Recovery Depends On Policies That Benefit Women
- Comstock’s Magazine: Mending The Gap
- Glamour: It’s Time to Stop Treating Parenting as a Mom’s Burden and a Dad’s Adorable Hobby
- TIME: Wives of Political Leaders Have Long Been Called ‘First Ladies.’ California’s Jennifer Siebel Newsom Has Other Plans
- Associated Press: ‘No timidity’ for California governor’s wife on key causes
- Los Angeles Times: Jennifer Siebel Newsom will be California’s ‘first partner.’ Her agenda is cultural change
- San Francisco Chronicle: Jennifer Siebel Newsom encourages California businesses to boost women’s pay
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom Launches Summer Book Club with California State Library and First 5
California families are invited to join the First Partner for virtual storytimes, participate in their local libraries’ summer reading programs SACRAMENTO – California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom today announced the First Partner’s Summer Book Club, a new...
Launched by California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and the California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls, the Pledge Boasts Over 60 Signatories Sacramento, CA – California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and the California Commission on the...
CALIFORNIA FIRST PARTNER JENNIFER SIEBEL NEWSOM AND CDFA SECRETARY KAREN ROSS HEADLINE STATE FARM TO SCHOOL CONFERENCE
Conference program underscores strategies to expand food access, increase equity, lift student voices, and open school markets to specialty crop producers First Partner and Secretary Ross lead a newly formed working group focused on expanding farm to school...
Governor Newsom Signs Legislation Making California First in the Nation to Ban Toxic Chemicals in Cosmetics
AB 2762 bans 24 toxic chemicals in cosmetics, which are linked to negative long-term health impacts especially for women and children SB 312 requires companies selling beauty or personal care products to report the presence of hazardous ingredients Congress hasn’t...
Millions more Californians will now have access to job-protected Paid Family Leave Bill builds on 2019 extension of Paid Family Leave Benefits to eight weeks for a newborn child SACRAMENTO -- Governor Gavin Newsom today signed legislation ensuring millions more...
California Labor Commissioner, California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls and The Office of the First Partner Launch Workplace Rights Ambassador Project #EqualPayCA Trainings
Release Number: 2020-74August 31, 2020 California Labor Commissioner, California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls and The Office of the First Partner Launch Workplace Rights Ambassador Project #EqualPayCA TrainingsThe first event will be held in...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom Partners with Forward Into Light Campaign to Celebrate Suffrage Centennial: California State Capitol and City Halls Across the State to be Lit in Purple and Gold in Honor of the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom and California Legislative Women’s Caucus leadership to light up State Capitol, host virtual celebration at 6 p.m. on August 26th in honor of 19th Amendment centennial Anaheim, Bakersfield, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Oakland,...
First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom to Host Exhibit Launch & 19th Amendment Centennial Celebration Webcast Tomorrow at the California Museum
Free event to feature the First Partner in discussion with Maria Shriver, Megan Rapinoe & Dolores Huerta, plus preview of new exhibits “Women Inspire: California Women Changing Our World” & “Fight for the Right: 100 Years of Women Voting” SACRAMENTO – The...
California Puts Money Back Into the Pockets of Millions of Working Californians Amid COVID-19 Recession
Over $1 billion goes back into the pockets of more than 3.6 million Californians and their families, through the California Earned Income Tax Credit and Young Child Tax Credit Nearly half a million families with children under the age of six benefit from the new Young...
State Superintendent Tony Thurmond, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and State Board President Linda Darling-Hammond Launch “Advance SEL in California,” a Social and Emotional Learning Campaign
Release: #20-37May 21, 2020Contact: Cynthia ButlerE-mail: email@example.comPhone: 916-319-0818 State Superintendent Tony Thurmond, First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and State Board President Linda Darling-Hammond Launch "Advance SEL in...